We've created this link on our site to inform you about our privacy practices. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information, and we want to be sure that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Who collects personal information? Artisan Wine Shop of West Kelowna, Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada.
Personal information on this Site is collected by Artisan Wine Shop and certain of its affiliated companies or contract service providers.
What personal information is collected? As a visitor to this Site, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information. In connection with other activities, such as subscribing to any services offered on the Site, Artisan Wine Shop may ask you to provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is completely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, however, Artisan Wine Shop may ask that you provide us personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including postal or ZIP code), e-mail address, employer, telephone and fax numbers, images, and other personal information.
When you use the Site, Artisan Wine Shop or third parties authorized by Artisan Wine Shop may also collect certain technical and routing information about your computer to facilitate your use of the Site and its services. For example, we may log environmental variables, such as browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. We use these environmental variables to facilitate and track your use of the Site and its services. Artisan Wine Shop also uses such environmental variables to measure traffic patterns on the Site.
When you submit personal information to Artisan Wine Shop through this Site, you understand and agree that this information may be transferred across national boundaries and may be stored and processed in any of the countries in which Artisan Wine Shop and its affiliates and subsidiaries maintain offices, including, without limitation, the United States of America, Canada and Barbados. You also acknowledge that in certain countries or with respect to certain activities, the collection, transferring, storage, and processing of your information may be undertaken by trusted vendors of Artisan Wine Shop. Such vendors are bound by contract not to use your personal information for their own purposes or provide it to any third parties.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. (For some Web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will probably not be able to access those pages.)
How is your personal information used? Artisan Wine Shop collects your information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. As an example, if you enter a contest, information is collected to qualify the entry and contact you regarding the contest or prize awards. Your personal information may also be used to keep you informed about product upgrades, special offers, and other products and services of Artisan Wine Shop and selected third parties.
Artisan Wine Shop may collect information about the use of the Site, such as the types of services used and how many users we receive daily. This information is collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually. We may use this aggregate, non-identifying statistical data for statistical analysis, marketing, or similar promotional purposes.
There are a variety of other circumstances where Artisan Wine Shop may need to disclose some personal information about our customers. Here are some examples:
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to a person who, in our judgement, is seeking the information as an agent of the customer;
- We may share a customer's personal information among Artisan Wine Shop business units and affiliates to help us serve our customers better and to provide them with services, particularly where customers are from different jurisdictions or areas;
- We may disclose a customer's personal information to a company or individual employed by Artisan Wine Shop to perform functions on its behalf, such as research or data processing, provided that any such disclosure of a customer's personal information outside of Artisan Wine Shop will be made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- In conjunction with special offers or programs, we may disclose customers' personal information to our program partners, or to third-party agents responsible for administering such offers or programs. Any such disclosure will be made on a confidential basis with the information to be used only for the purpose for which it was disclosed;
- Artisan Wine Shop may provide your personal information if necessary, in our judgment, to comply with laws or regulations of a governmental or regulatory body or in response to a subpoena, warrant, or order, or to protect the rights of Artisan Wine Shop or others.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, Artisan Wine Shop:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent;
- will strive to protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will strive to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you;
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice;
- You have the right to access and correct your personal information and privacy preferences at any time by writing Artisan Wine Shop at:887 Great Northern Way Vancouver, BC V5T 4T5Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your name, address, and/or e-mail address when you contact us. No specific form is required to notify us of changes to your address or privacy preferences, however we may have to contact you if any of your instructions are unclear.
Unless you contact us to provide other instructions concerning your personal information, you will be deemed to have, and Artisan Wine Shop will assume that you have, consented to the collection, use and disclosure by Artisan Wine Shop and its agents of your personal information collected by Artisan Wine Shop or its agents from you through your use of this site for the purposes and in the manner described above.